Spaying and Neutering makes a big difference. Just one unaltered female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 puppies in only 6 years. In 7 years, one female cat and her offspring can produce an incredible 370,000 kittens.
Do You Need More Reasons?
- Your female pet will live a longer, healthier life.
- Neutering your male companion prevents testicular cancer and some prostate problems.
- your spayed female pet won’t go into heat.
- your male dog will be less likely to roam away from home.
- your neutered male may be better behaved.
The single most important thing that we can do to save cats and dogs from all the suffering and death that their overpopulation causes is to spay and neuter them. Spaying and neutering are routine, affordable surgeries that can prevent thousands of animals from being born, only to suffer and struggle to survive on the streets, be abused by cruel or neglectful people or be euthanized in animal shelters for lack of a loving home.